Tuesday 18 August 2015

The Homemaker

www.fotosearch.com
The thought came to me, As a woman of the 21st century whilst growing up I ran to "the hills" instead of face life in the kitchen. As naive as I was and filled with immaturity in my teenage years and early adulthood. I saw the kitchen as a place of burden, a place of shame that was beneath the modern woman. 

I detested anything that had to do with marriage and childbirth. Cleaning the house was a no no.... I felt then that I could not let myself be defeated by the old ways.

The modern woman I surmised worked outside the home, had a maid and ate at fancy restaurants and have takeouts constantly.. The modern woman never dirtied her hands in the house or in the soil. She was above that.

Ohhhhh! How wrong I was............

The modern woman incorporates it all. She finds the balance and is able to do it all in her own style and fashion without shame with her head held high... 

Today I am this modern woman with the values of old that I have so long despise. 



The modern woman!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment